How can you help In Kind Boxes?
*Donate funds to In Kind Boxes.
- We use your donations to purchase the products that fill our gift boxes.
- Our organization is volunteer run. Feel good knowing that your donation is truly making an impact.
- A donation of $50 provides a gift box to a mom in need.
*Corporate sponsorship is now available.
- We are currently looking for donations to help fund our gift boxes donated Portland area organizations, as well as our Nationwide Gift Box Donation Program.
- Please email email@example.com if your company can help!
*Purchase items from our shop. They’re the perfect go-to baby shower gift.
- We are always trying to bring awareness to our mission to help moms.
- Instagram also a great place to connect with our supportive community, get postpartum advice, watch for giveaways, and find encouragement through motherhood.
*Add In Kind Boxes as your Amazon Smile recipient.
Amazon Smile can now be added through the app on your phone. Find it under settings.
*Tell people– Share about our mission, and if you’ve given or received a box as a gift, please leave us a review about your gift on our product page so people can see how much you loved it.
*Why did we start In Kind?
Our Founder Maria Berglund was frustrated with the lack of postpartum support moms receive in the United States, so she decided to do something about it. Our gift boxes are filled with essentials for both mama and baby to make their postpartum journey a bit easier. We are showing moms that they matter and that they’re not alone.
*Why shop with us?
- It’s the baby shower gift that gives back! For every gift box sold, we donate one to a mom in need. Conscious consumers can feel good knowing that their purchase is making a difference in the life of a postpartum mom in need.
- Our gift box is special because it’s a baby shower gift for moms too. The essentials included are to help moms feel supported on their postpartum journey.
- The products we include are what we found useful as new moms. And we purchase them from fellow female founders, and local businesses whenever possible.
- Boxes are carefully curated to contain products that are natural and organic, with a low ranking on the EWG scale, so you know it’s safe for mama and baby.
*We currently ship to the United States and Canada.
- Packed within 3-4 business days (excluding holidays), and shipped via USPS Priority Mail. Tracking numbers will be emailed to you, and shipping takes 2-3 business days.
- Free local delivery (within 10 miles of Sherwood, OR).
*Canadian orders are shipped through FedEx.
- Gifts are subject to taxes and customs fees. We have incorporated those fees into shipping costs so recipients won’t have to pay fees on arrival of their gift.
- You will be notified of your FedEx tracking number via email once your package has shipped.
*How can I donate items to your boxes?
If you are a business, and would like to donate products for our gift boxes, or would like to partner for a fundraiser we would love to hear from you! Please reach out to us through the contact page, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, we are not looking for promotional pamphlets, coupons or samples.
If you would like to donate items privately, we have an Amazon Wishlist with The First Years Infant Healthcare Kit. We are always in need of them, and would love your support with that particular item.
Where are we located?
We are based out of Sherwood, Oregon.
What is In Kind Boxes mailing address?
In Kind Boxes
PO Box 284, Sherwood OR 97140 USA
When did we start?
We were officially founded on July 11, 2019.
Who are we?
In Kind was started by a board of four amazing moms, with 11 kids between us.
What’s in the box?
Our gift boxes are filled with several high quality essential items that we purchase. It is important for us to maintain quality and consistency of items. Every gift box, whether purchased or donated contains the same natural and organic products because we believe every mom deserves quality postpartum care.
How does it work?
When someone purchases one of our gift boxes, we donate a box to a mom in need.
We have partnered with some amazing local organizations who are already providing services to families.
We donate gift boxes to our nonprofit partners, who distribute the boxes to mamas as needed.
We use a similar system for our Nationwide Gift Box Donation Program. However, we also have an open application for people to apply or nominate someone who could use our support.
*Who does In Kind donate boxes to?
We partner with local organizations who provide support to mothers in need. Some of our local partners include: Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center (Women’s Clinic), PDX Diaper Bank, Raphael House Portland, Domestic Violence Resource Center, Ronald MacDonald House of Oregon, Mother & Child Education Center, Sherwood Family Resource Center, Baby Blues Connection and more.
We are always open to expanding our partnerships. If you know of an organization who could benefit from our gift box donations, please feel free to contact us!
*How can I get a donated box?
If you are local to us in the Portland area, we suggest reaching out to one of our partner organizations. Otherwise, you are welcome to apply for a gift box through our Nationwide Gift Box Donation Program. The application can be found here.
*We are NOT a subscription service*