We are so grateful for the opportunities we’ve had both locally and nationally to share about our nonprofit mission.
- November 10, 2022: KOIN “Local non-profit showers new moms and babies with kindness” by Jenny Hansson.
- May 31, 2022: Entrepreneur “How These Boxes Are Uplifting New Moms“ by Jessica Abo.
- April 28, 2022: Texas Today: “Affordable Mother’s Day Gift Ideas” with Trae Bodge and Kristin Dickerson.
- March 22, 2022: The Breast Cancer Site by Greater Good: “Mom Creates Nonprofit For Women To Help Combat Lack Of Post-Partum Support in U.S.” by Ashley McCann.
- March 17, 2022: GMA3 What You Need to Know “Mom on a Mission” Maria Berglund is a Portland, Oregon, mom who started a nonprofit to combat the lack of postpartum support in the U.S.
- March 2022 issue of Sherwood Life Magazine “Amazing Women in Our Community“, our Founder, Maria Berglund is featured on page 15 “Meet Maria Berglund”.
- January 1, 2022: The Sherwood Gazette “Sherwood resident reaching out to brand new moms” by Scott Keith.
- November 23, 2021: The Limitless Pregnancy Podcast with Kimberly McFerron “Holiday Gift Guide: Talking In-Kind Boxes with Maria Berglund“
- November 23, 2021: Working Momkind “Working Momkind’s 2021 Holiday Gift Guide” by Lauren Ramirez. We’re grateful to be included in this amazing lineup of gifts!
- November 22, 2021: The Nonprofit Jenni Show podcast highlights In Kind Boxes in their “Gifts That Give Back” series.
- November 2021: Mom Cave TV “Maria Berglund Talks Entrepreneurship and Giving Back | The Breakdown With Bethany“ by Bethany Braun-Silva
- November 2021: Stroller in the City “Holiday Gift Guide For Everyone On Your List” under “Gifts That Give Back”
- November 2021: First Time Parent Magazine “Holiday Gift Guide“ by Jill Kelsey includes In Kind Boxes’ postpartum box- saying it’s “Perfect for baby showers”.
- November 8, 2021: The Modern Day Living Magazine “A Parenting Pivot With The Kindness Calendar” by Maggie Gillette. The article highlights our Kindness Calendar for Kids, created by In Kind’s Founder Maria Berglund. Calendar is available as a digital download through our Etsy shop.
- October 2021: MORE Magazine Issue 3 “Women + Culture” shares about In Kind Boxes on page 3! MORE’s focus on connecting people who value content pertaining to conscious living, sustainability, diversity, equality, inclusion, and philanthropy is something we are so proud to be part of!
- September 16, 2021: MORE Magazine Founder to Founder interview on YouTube. “Arianna Cruz hosts Maria Berglund as In Kind Boxes celebrates its 2nd anniversary! Hear about the power of positivity on social media and how starting conversations create a community.” Click here to watch
- July 26th, 2021: KOIN AM Extra “Postpartum moms can win a gift box at Portland’s Pop Up Baby Shower“, with Emily Burris and Jenny Hannsson. In support of our Pop Up Baby Shower to help postpartum moms in need in NE Portland on July 29, 2021.
- Mother’s Day Gift Guides– See our May Blog post for links to gift guides where we were mentioned in by Trae Bodge, Entreprenistas, Working Momkind and more!
- May 7, 2021: Forbes.com article, in the section titled “Willamette Valley Organizations Supporting Mothers and Families”, In Kind Boxes was mentioned by our amazing friends at A to Z Wineworks as an organization that they support & admire. The article is by Jill Barth, and titled “Willamette Valley Wine Moms On What Makes Their Region Special“.
- April 20, 2021: KOIN AM Extra “In Kind Boxes Talks ‘Earth Day Oregon‘ ” with Emily Burris, Jenny Hannsson, and Sam Tannahill. Providing organic and natural essentials for families aligns with our goals to provide products for families that promote good health and well being for moms, babies, and the planet.
- March 17, 2021: NBC New York Live “Female Founded Brands to Check Out” by Joelle Garguilo!! We are so grateful to be included in an amazing lineup of female founded businesses. If you didn’t know, March 17th is #buywomenowned day. This segment is filled with some amazing gift ideas. We hope you’ll take a minute and watch here.
- February 11, 2021: Entreprenista.com “In Conversation with Maria Berglund of In Kind Boxes“. Thank you to Stephanie Cartin for the opportunity to share about In Kind Boxes with the Entreprenista community!
- October 2020: We were so lucky to be included in the first ever issue of MORE Magazine. MORE is focused on connecting people who value content pertaining to Fashion, Conscious Living, Sustainability, Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, and Philanthropy. Each issue will be curated with a mission to inspire, educate, and call people to action.
- On September 8, 2020: We were featured in an article on the Born This Way Foundation‘s Channel Kindness Blog ‘In Kind Boxes’ Support New Moms in Need.‘
- On May 14, 2020: Jenny Hansson featured In Kind in her Positive Vibes segment on KOIN AM Extra “In Kind Boxes celebrates moms, helps women in need“
- On May 6, 2020: Molly Reihl had us on More Good Day Oregon (KPTV) “Treat new moms with In Kind Boxes“
- October 9, 2019: We were featured in the article “Making mom’s life a little easier with In Kind boxes” for the Sherwood Gazette, Beaverton Valley Times, and Forest Grove News.
Podcasts & Interviews
- Hello Postpartum “Meet the Woman Behind In Kind Boxes” with Carley Schweet.
- How to be a Dangerous Woman Podcast by Dr. Krystal Connor “Spreading Kindness with Maria Berglund“
- The Limitless Pregnancy Podcast with Kimberly McFerron “Holiday Gift Guide: Talking In-Kind Boxes with Maria Berglund“
- Interview with Bethany Braun Silva on her YouTube series “The Breakdown with Bethany“. In Episode 2, Bethany chats with Maria Berglund, founder of In Kind Boxes, about her business, growing her Instagram following, and raising boys!
- Dissecting Success Podcast, hosted by Theresa Lambert and Blair Kaplan Venables Episode 19: “Pay Kindness Forward with Maria Berglund“.
- More Free Time Cleaning Podcast hosted by Ashley Whaley, Episode 46 “You are Loved with Maria Berglund”
Giveaways & Collaborations:
- The Mom Culture Giveaway for Mother’s Day 2021
- Black Women Birthing giveaway (2020 & 2021)
- LGBT Mummies Tribe giveaway
- Jazmyne Futrell (@mixedmombrownbabies) IG Live Virtual Baby Shower
- Cat & Nat and the MomTruths Game & gift box giveaway (2020)
- The Conscious Kid giveaway (Fall 2020)
- Lynzy Coughlin (@lynzyandco) giveaway for a mama in need
- Sara Kalish Photography giveaway
- Kim Perry Co. Mother’s Day Giveaway on Instagram, and virtual baby shower to give back. (2020)
Woohoo! In Kind earned a 2020 Bronze Seal of Transparency! Check it out on our updated GuideStar nonprofit profile.